Russian device maker Yota Devices has launched its first-generation Yotaphone dual-screen smartphone in India. The device will be distributed by Jumbo Electronics, IT telecom and consumer electronics retailer and distributor in the UAE. They have partnered with Flipkart.com to launch YotaPhone, a dual-screen smartphone manufactured by Yota Devices in India.
The device has 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi-touch main screen and a 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) E-Ink rear screen. The phone also has got special YotaPhone gestures and Put2Back applications for the back screen.
Abdul Karim Sawan, Vice President for Yota Devices – Middle East and India, said on the new launch
YotaPhone features an electronic paper display that would work as a second screen, making it possible to deliver an array of new and improved user experiences. It combines a smartphone and e-reader into one device for those who enjoy reading on-the-go even in the brightest sunlight. You can save images and information on the second screen, and it stays there, even if you lose battery power. You can save anything on the always-on display from a map to a boarding pass. Information, like a missed call or meeting reminder, stays on the always-on screen until it is no longer needed.
- 4.3-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) LCD capacitive multi touch main display
- 4.3-inch (360×640 pixels) EPD rear screen, 16 grayscale; capacitive touch zone below the EPD for gesture controls
- Android 4.2.2 ( Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 processor
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash, 1080p full HD video recording
- 1MP front-facing camera
- Dimensions – 133.6 x 67 x 9.99mm; Weight – 146g
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal memory
- Accelerometer, compass, gyroscope, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor,
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS w/A-GPS + GLONASS
- 1800mAh battery
The smartphone will be exclusively available on Flipkart starting today bearing a price tag of Rs.23,499 only.