WhatsApp just came out of Beta for Android Wear platform 10 days ago, and now they have pushed an update for the iPhone app.
WhatsApp for iPhone has been updated just now and it is a significant update. Now, you get to archive chats and groups. You can add captions to your photos and videos sent over WhatsApp. Now the camera access button for capturing and sending photos has been placed at a different position for faster access, and you can also now share slow-motion videos (iPhone 5s only). Option for trimming videos before sharing has also been added.
While sharing location, you can now add satellite and hybrid views and also use drop and drag pin to share a precise location. New wallpapers and notification tones has been added on WhatsApp. Now, while reporting any bug, you will have the option to include Screenshots as well.
Lets have a look at the change log of WhatsApp for iPhone version 2.11.9
– Added ability to archive chats and groups
– Add captions to photos and videos
– Added fast camera access button for capturing and sending photos
– You can now trim videos before sharing them
– Share Location: add support for satellite and hybrid map views when sharing a location
– Share Location: drop and drag pin lets you share a precise location
– New media auto-download preferences: Settings > Chat Settings > Media Auto-Download
– New Wallpapers: Settings > Chat Settings >Chat Wallpapers > Wallpaper Library
– New Notification tones: Settings > Notifications
– You can now attach screenshots when reporting problems
The update is 49.7 MB in size which is bigger than the normal App size of 37 MB. Now, the app size has become 70.7 MB which is quite large for a messenger app.
You can download the latest version of WhatsApp for iPhone from here.