Sony has announced world’s first interchangeable lens for camera for smartphones, the Sony ILCE-QX1. The device can be used with E-mount lens collection such as wide-angle lens, macro or telescopic ones. It also has APS-C size EXMOR CMOS sensor which can capture images at 20.1-megapixels.
The device has also ability to shoot RAW images and it includes a Flash which pops out of the device to capture night and dark scenes better. The E-mount kit can be un-mounted for free and flexible shooting. The accessories for the device like the LCS-QXA and Strip kit are sold separately. The device would be carry a price tag of US$399.99 (Rs. 24,200 approx.) and is available for pre-order in the US immediately. No words on its availability in other countries yet.
Sony ILCE-QX1 Interchangeable lens style camera specifications
- 20.1 megapixels APS-C type (23.2 x 15.4mm) Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor
- BIONZ X image processor
- Sony E-mount Lens
- Built-in flash (GN4 in meters at ISO 100)
- 1080p ((1920 x 1080) video recording at 30fps
- Wi-Fi, NFC, USB 2.0
- Memory Stick Micro / Memory Stick Micro Mark 2 and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or Higher)
- Dimensions – 74.0 x 69.5 x 52.5 mm, weight 216g w/o smartphone attachment
- 1020mAh Sony NP-FW50 rechargeable battery