Sony has announced their first smartwatch powered by Android Wear, the SmartWatch 3 SWR50. It flaunts a 1.6-inch TFT display backed up by 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
The Sony SmartWatch 3 also has built-in microphone for voice commands via Google Now. It has IP68 ratings which means the device is water-proof. It does have many sensors embedded into it like Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro and GPS sensor. The device charges itself via any normal Micro USB port available in smartphones.
Sony SmartWatch 3 SWR50 specifications
- 1.6-inch (320 x 320 pixels) TFT LCD capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor
- 4GB internal memory, 512MB RAM
- Android Wear platform
- IP68 Certified for Waterproof
- WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- Accelerometer, Compass, Gyro
- 420 mAh battery with up to 2 days on typical usage and up to 4 days standby
The device will go on sale later this autumn with color availability of Classic Black and Sport Lime. Sony also promises to make Pink and White straps available after the launch.