SanDisk had unveiled its first iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad last in March last year. Now, the company has launched a new iXpand Flash Drive that comes with a USB 3.0 connector for faster transfer speeds to PCs or Mac and is also very compact as it just weighs 5.3 only. It also comes with a redesigned iOS app that will help to easily manage the music, photos and videos. Lets check out the other features of the device.
Features of SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive (2016)
- It comes in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB storage options.
- It supports USB 3.0 for faster transfer speeds.
- The flexible connector will let the user plug it directly into their iPhone or iPad without having to remove the case.
- The iXpand Drive app will make it very easy to manage the photos and videos and also enable the user to watch popular video formats.
- The iXpand app will automatically back up the iPhone or iPad’s camera roll when the drive is connected.
- It supports popular video formats (.WMV, .AVI, .MKV, .MP4, .MOV), so that the user can store and watch videos straight from the drive.
The new SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive for iPhone and iPad has been priced at MSRPs of US $49.99 (INR Rs 3,322 approximately) for 16GB, US $69.99 (INR Rs 4,650 approximately) for 32GB, US $89.99 (INR Rs 5,978 approximately) for 64GB and US $129.99 (INR Rs 8,644 approximately) for the 128GB variant. It can be purchased in USA from Amazon, SanDisk.com and BestBuy.
On this announcement, Dinesh Bahal, Vice President, Product Marketing, SanDisk, said:
“People are using their mobile phones to capture tons of photos and videos, and more than 70 percent of users transfer files off of their iPhones to another storage location. Our line of mobile storage offerings can immediately help them free up space. With the new iXpand Flash Drive, people can spend more time using their iPhone to capture what they love, and less time worrying about how and where to transfer these photos and videos.”