SanDisk has announced 512GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I SD memory card for DSLR, advanced digital or HD video cameras, which is the world’s highest capacity SDXC card till date. In 11 years they took e leap from 512 MB which was released back in 2003 to 512 GB which has been announced in 2014.
Highlights of 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC card
- Performance/speed: up to 90MB/s and read speeds up to 95MB/s
- Dimensions: 24 mm x 32 mm x 2.1 mm
- UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) recording speed for high resolution, real-world color and stutter-free 4K Ultra HD video
- Built-in Advanced Wear Leveling and Error Correction Code engine enhances endurance and reliability.
- Temperature proof, water proof, shock proof and x-ray proof
- Compatibility: Compatible with SDXC and SDXC-I (UHS-I) enabled host devices
Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk, said
As an industry leader, SanDisk continues to push the boundaries of technology to provide customers with the innovative, reliable, high-performance solutions they have come to expect from us. 4K Ultra HD is an example of a technology that is pushing us to develop new storage solutions capable of handling massive file sizes. The 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card is a tremendous advancement that enables professionals to reliably store more content on a single card than ever before.
The SanDisk Extreme PRO UHS-I SDHC/SDXC memory cards comes in 512GB, 256GB and 128GB capacities. The 512GB Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I is priced at an MSRP of $799.99 (Rs. 48,700 approx) and is backed by lifetime warranty. SanDisk will showcase the cards at IBC 2014 between September 12 and 16.