Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy Grand Prime in India. It is the company’s latest selfie-centric smartphone in India. It has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 85 degree wide-angle lens, which is the main highlight of the smartphone. It has a 5-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) and has Dual SIM support and a 8-megapixel rear camera.
Asim Warsi, Vice President, Marketing, Mobile & IT at Samsung India, said,
Galaxy Grand Prime opens a whole new world of premium mobile experience for consumers looking at uninterrupted entertainment and multi-tasking on-the-go. Introducing the new trend of ‘Groupfie’, Galaxy Grand Prime features an advanced wide-angle front camera best-suited to capture group images. With the launch of this power packed smartphone, we are further strengthening our Grand portfolio.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime specifications
- 5-inch qHD (960 x 540 pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with micro SD
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5 MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM with dual standby
- Dimensions: 144.8×72.1×8.6mm; Weight: 156 grams
- 3G HSPA＋21Mbps, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS＋GLONASS
- 2600 mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime will be available in color variants of White and Gray and it would carry a price tag of Rs. 15,499.