Gameloft, the most popular mobile video game maker, has made its Asphalt Overdrive available for Android and iOS users on Wednesday. They also said that they would be bringing the same for Windows Phone soon.
Overdrive is a spinoff of the successful Asphalt series. This isn’t exactly Asphalt 9 that you may have been waiting for and features a different gameplay mechanic. The game runs in portrait orientation, similar to other arcade games from Gameloft.
Asphalt Overdrive is essentially like an endless runner game but with cars. You drive a car (which runs automatically) and dodge obstacles in your path by swiping left or right. You jump off ramps and pull stunts in the air. You ram traffic on the side and when you earn enough nitro boost by doing all this you use it to evade the cops.
Highlights of Asphalt Overdrive
- Unlock and drive 30 high-performance, fully licensed vehicles such as the iconic Lamborghini Countach and Ferrari Testarossa!
- Improve and upgrade your car to dominate the California streets
- Challenge yourself in 7 different mission types: Escape the cops, defeat bosses, avoid obstacles, and perform impressive stunts while you race!
- Drive fast across the gorgeous highways of Southern California
- Enjoy a subtly retro “new ’80s” atmosphere
- Stunning visuals thanks to real-time lighting and particle effects
- Connect to Facebook to play with or against your friends
- Join a gang to team up with friends and achieve weekly objectives full of speed and action!
- Track your progress and show off your skills as you advance in League championships
- Compete in limited-time, Gang, and League events as you battle your way to the top of the leaderboards!