After the success of HTC Desire 816 which was announced back in April, HTC came up with another phablet, the Desire 820 which got unveiled at IF 2014. The device houses octa-core Snapdragon 615 chip ( four Cortex A53 cores clocked at 1.5 GHz per core and four clocked at 1.0 GHz) with Adreno 405 GPU / 1.2 GHz quad-core processor Snapdragon 410 processor and runs on Android 4.4 Kitkat with HTC Sense 6 UI on top of it. HTC also mentioned that the device would get Android L update.
Another device from HTC which is names as Desire 820q features 1GB of RAM whereas the Desire 820 has 2GB. Thie device is a scaled down variant of Desire 820. Both have a 13-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, dual-front-facing BoomSound speakers and dual SIM support with 4G on both the SIMs.
HTC Desire 820 / Desire 820q dual SIM specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz) Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor with Adreno 405 GPU / 1.2 quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor with Adreno 306 GPU (Desire 820q)
- 1GB (Desire 820q) / 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI, upgradable to Android L
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, 28mm lens, 1080p video recording
- 8 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 3.5 mm headset jack
- 7.74mm thick and weighs 155 grams
- HTC BoomSound, Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS
- 2600 mAh battery
No words on pricing has been revealed from HTC as of yet. Both the devices would come in wide range of colors. The devices are expected to go on sale by mid-November.