Apple’s 27th annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2016 has been scheduled from June 13 to June 17. The event will take place at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium instead of the Moscow West. Apple is expected to reveal the next iteration of iOS and OS X at WWDC 2016, which includes iOS 10, OS X 10.12, new watchOS and tvOS updates.
On this announcement, Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing, said:
“With four innovative operating systems and a new, intuitive programming language powering over 1 billion devices worldwide, there has never been a more exciting time to bring our developer community together. WWDC 2016 is going to be a landmark event for developers who are coding in Swift, and building apps and products for iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS. We can’t wait for everyone to join us — in San Francisco or through the live stream.”
Developers can apply for tickets via the WWDC website on Friday, April 22 at 10:00 a.m. PDT. Tickets will be issued to attendees through a random selection process, and developers will be notified on the status of their application by Monday, April 25 at 5:00 p.m. PDT. Lets check out the WWDC 2016 activities below.
WWDC 2016 activities
- over 1,000 Apple engineers supporting more than 150 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS technologies in their apps;
- access to the latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS, and best practices for enhancing an app’s functionality, performance, quality and design;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS, OS X, watchOS and tvOS developers from around the world — last year, 80 percent of developers attended for their first time, and in total, more than 70 countries were represented;
- a series of get-togethers for attendees focused on particular topics with special guest speakers and activities;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with trailblazers and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- the Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad®, Apple Watch®, Apple TV® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Worldwide Developers Conference sessions will be streamed live throughout the week via the WWDC website and through the WWDC app, giving developers around the world access to the week’s news and events.