The Nexus smartphones have already tasted the new Android Lollipop which arrived on their device last month. Soon after Google released few minor fixes in the version 5.0.1 Lollipop. According to a new report Google will be releasing a update this February stated as Android 5.1.
The Android 5.1 version will further squash bugs and would bring some new features into play. The Android 5.1 would bring new features such as update with Silent Mode, changes to the Material Design color palette, improved RAM management and more.
The changelog of the features of the upcoming Android 5.1 update.
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
As we know that many vendors like HTC, Samsung, LG are on the verge of releasing the new upgrade to their flagship devices. Further these OEMs will push minor bug fixes to their customer by their own since they don’t give OTA update by Google. For the new Android 5.1 it might take long for these vendor to push them or they might skip it for few devices.